Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting a Grip on Reality





When I first started this blog, the title of the blog "Getting a grip on reality" was just a title. Now, some time later, it seems to be my goal in life.

To get a grip on reality.

Do you know how hard it is? How difficult and exhausting it is to get a grip on my reality?

What's the reality? For some it's not achieving their goals, others, not finding the "right one". For me, realizing that my reality last year, is not the one that I'm faced with today.

If memory serves me correct, I was a pretty good kid. Growing up, I caused no waves, I tried to ruffle no feathers, I lived a life that can be described in the cheesiest of quotes.

Now, at (mumbling age) I dream of an elevator that is stuck, I can't get out nor does anyone hear me call to them. I see myself in the dream and get really pissed that the me in the elevator is not doing anything to help herself. I wake up upset and angry. That's no way to wake up at 6:45am. No way at all.

I know the dream is very telling. I definetly know why I'm having the dream, but my question is. When is reality going to get a grip of me? Maybe it already has.

Can the Universe throw me a crumb?

No comments: