Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WTF happened to 2013??

I was looking at my blog and realized that in 2013 I did not do one single entry.

If I had to tell you where my 2013 went, I'd have to sit, think, do a couple of huh? and then admit that 2013 came and went. I know plenty of things happened, but not one life changing THING.

Prices went up on everything making it hard to catch up. I've done more cool stuff in the first three months of 2014 than all of 2013. How depressing. A whole year came and went and I did not learn or grow. I did lose some weight so that's a plus. That it probably happened due to my high sugar issues, not such a plus. What productive thing did I do in 2013? You see, as I'm typing, I'm thinking, thinking, thinking. I must have done something last year worth mentioning. I can't allow the whole year to be a personal bust. I guess no one noticed my lack of movement. Worked and worked and where did that get me? well, not very far. This is becoming a ridiculous search.

I did spend a whole lot of time trying to find the best Christmas presents for everyone. Spent too much, I know. Did it make a difference in anyone's life? I don't believe so and it makes me sad. What did I expect really. Presents can't fix opinions or lack of interest?  No wonder my brain rejects 2013, it was a little bit miserable outside of my house.

"The universe is infinite, chaotic and cold". I just heard this sentence in a TV show playing in the background. Very fitting.

I took on an extra job to help ends meet. I loved it but I was so tired at the end of the day. My son was not happy and that meant a lot to me. So I quit. Now that I got that off my chest, I will let it be a reminder to make 2014 a lot more interesting. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg! You finally wrote something. If it matters, I noticed you hadn't written, but didn't want to say anything... know you're busy. Now if you could do it more often, I'd appreciate it! Love your off the wall thoughts.

Sounds like 2013 was a year of personal growth, changes were subtle so they don't stand out so much.

Sending much love and a great big hug!
Xo D