Friday, November 20, 2009

How low do you need to go? - Diary 3


Don’t let them say you ain’t beautiful. They can all get fucked, just be true to you. ~Beautiful by Eminem~


After poking myself this morning to check on my sugar levels I noticed that my fingers are full of little pokes from all the times I have been doing it. I am not an easy bleeder so sometimes I have to do it twice ~BITCH~ just to get a drop to place on the little strip. I used two fingers the most and I guess the Dr. was right, use all of your fingers. Amazing how quickly tips heal because I don’t feel any pain when I type.

Driving to work this morning I got stuck on I95 after the toll due to a truck spilling gasoline all over (I am assuming this by the smell.) As I was stuck listening to my iPod really loudly I noticed a bunch of people doing things in their car. There was the dude picking his nose as if he thought gold was going to appear at the end of his nostril, the girl doing her makeup and almost hitting the car in front of her about 10 times, the woman with the dog in the car who wanted to jump into the front seat so she kept swerving all over, and last but not least the 50 or so year old guy flexing his muscles and staring at himself in the mirror. I had to drive by this dude the most amount of time. What I thought was funnier is that the song on my iPod was Beautiful by Eminem. I cranked it up and he looked at me and flexed his arm. I gave him a thumbs up which was a mistake because he lowered his window and asked for my number. Oy! It was funny, but I guess you had to be there. 50 degrees out and the guy is wearing a tank top and flexing. Did I mention he kept flexing?

I spent most of my day with mom yesterday and it was good. When we drove past the cemetery she got all annoyed and asked me if there were more dead people in there. I was texting and just answered, of course mom, it’s a cemetery. She meant in that corner of the cemetery but I wasn’t being a good listener. That whole conversation cracked me up and I realized that when you feel better, you laugh quicker and you are happy more. The key to happiness is to find your healthy spot. I like it. Now it is time to enforce it, and work towards it.

Stressing over what to make for Thanksgiving kills the mood. I want it to be special, better than last year and the year before that. I want my house to be sparkly and free of dog hair (in-fucking-possible). I over think everything, from the turkey to the potatoes. Last year I did these mashed potatoes with garlic, but the garlic burn a little and it didn’t make the potatoes look good (they tasted good, but didn’t look so good). Last year was also the year that I found this amazing recipe for sweet potatoes. Everyone keeps asking me for it and wanting me to make it. I love it. Here is the recipe if you are interested. I got it from www.allrecipes.com

Sweet Potato Bake

3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (NO milk or butter)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons cold butter

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth.

Transfer to a greased baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and flour, cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy my pretties and “stalker” thanks for the email. It was good to get the virtual breathing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that was you next to me on the freeway! Why didn't you give me your number, biotch!

SM said...

freak!